Contact us to get your copy
Contac us to get your copy
ARQN for other versions of AutoCAD,
DWGTOOLShas been devised and developed for the structure design and production of all types of ships and other floating units, from conceptual design to detail engineering.
DWGTOOLS is developed and maintained by TAN s.l., an independent engineering company in Spain, with more than 30 years of experience in ship design, which ensures that the final product is truly an effective tool with a single objective: to design and build ships structures faster, better and cheaper.
DWGTOOLS is a fundamental tool to reduce costs and to improve the productivity in the design and construction of vessels structure. The system is applicable to all types of ship, regardless of their size, and can be fully customised to the particular requirements of each user.
With better information and controls, production benefits significantly from less rework, reduction of scrap and margins, fewer instances of material shortages and added costs of delays and disruptions. The production quality improves significantly, while the construction hours and the material costs decrease.
The technical department attains increased engineering capacity and delivers high quality information for workshops thanks to:
- The application of concurrent engineering practices
- The overlapping of class and detail designs.
- The automatic generation of customised production information
- The availability to perform and control design modifications.
One of the most important advantages of DWGTOOLS is the integration of the entire range of design disciplines in a common product model database (AutoCAD). This, combined with the seamless continuity between the basic and the detail stages of the design and the homogeneous development of all its packages, makes possible the highest level of concurrent engineering.
DWGTOOLS offers maximum adaptability, providing shipyards of any size and organisation with customised solutions for the design and production of all types of ship. In addition, its modular structure permits a flexible and progressive implementation.
DWGTOOLS is very easy to learn, implement and operate. The users concentrate their effort on the design, not on computer issues, which maximises the efficiency of the designers.
As a result of its well-known drawing system (AutoCAD),
DWGTOOLS greatly facilitates the transfer of information between technical and corporate information systems, ensuring the highest connectivity of the system with the management areas of the shipyard.
SCT is an application that helps the designer in the scantling of small crafts, according to ISO Standard 12215-5, 6 & 8.
SCT performs :Scantling of boats of all types of materials: fibers, wood, metalPlies stress analysis for plates and profilesCalculates the geometric properties of virtually all of the profiles that can be used as reinforcements.Structural arrangement and details
- Protective keel
- Protective Bow
- Protective Knuckles
- Transom supporting drive motor
- Main Engine BedLongitudinal Strength Analysis
- Bending moment over the Hull
- Main Section first moment
- Tension/Compression at Decks
- Deck’s BucklingRudders
- HornCalculation of Frames and continuous BeamsExtensive material databaseExtensive database of profilesMast and Rigging Calculation
• Introduction of the general data for the ship
• Definition of the materials we need to use in this project : mats, rovs, types of steel or/and aluminum, woods, etc
• Define plates and stiffeners to be used at every zone.
• Specify the zones we need to divide the structure, which plate to use for every panel and type of stiffener for frames and longitudinals bordering the panel.
Once all dimensions have been defined as well as the position of every element in the structure, the application will deduce the real properties for everyone, and comparing them with the ISO Standard 12215.-5 requirements.
These requirements will appear on the fourth column of the table, marking with red color those properties below the requirements.
Looking at the results we can decide the convenience or not of modifying elements properties, spacing of stiffeners, the plate assigned to each panel, etc
4.- ANALYSIS PLY BY PLY
After properly tuned the structure, it is possible, if desired (sometimes it is compulsory) to carry out an analysis ply by ply. This analysis will provide the degree of acceptance of each layer and, as a result, the possibility of decreasing thicknesses without exceeding allowed design stresses and moments.
The application carries out this task with no more than to act on the toolbar’s button indicated in annexed figure. All the necessary data are present in the different tables of the various elements and available to SCT.
On a template, specially prepared for this purpose in MS Excel, and fully similar to the one showed in the ISO Standard 12215-5 , will be arranged the results of the analysis.
Any amount of analysis can be performed and all of them will be added into a single Excel file.
The button in the toolbar of the Scantling window creates a document in MS Word with the data introduced for the study, the table properties for each element as well as the results for them.
Writing in Word is a slow procedure and, given that the structure may have a lot of components, it may last several minutes.
In the calculations of each panel or reinforcement are used several pressures and coefficients that can be displayed in a separate subwindow, if we click on the figure.
The list of results in MS Word also displays these values
ANALYSIS PLY BY PLY ISO 12215-6
The ply analysis for each panel or stiffener are shown direc
tly in an Excel Work Sheet specifically prepared for this study.
RUDDERS ISO 12215-8
Calculation of any type of rudders
ARQN is an application, set of programs grouped into modules, which allow you to perform most calculations typical of Naval Architecture:
• Definition and drawing of Lines Plan, Fairing.
• Calculate Bonjean values of frames.
• Calculate the Hydrostatics values, considering the appendices, if necessary.
• Definition of Tanks and sounding tables.
• Calculate the cross curves of stability, KN curves.
• Raise load conditions and calculate stability in any of them, checking compliance of applicable stability criterion. Damage Stability.
• Preparation of Inclining Test, process of these data, obtaining the lightship and cog.
• Power Forecast.
• Longitudinal Resistance in various loading conditions (not currently available)
ARQN’s drawing tool is AutoCAD, using the techniques of object-oriented programming to communicate with it and access its objects and the database of its drawings. This is only possible from AutoCAD version 14, why ARQN not be used with earlier versions.
ARQN has several utilities to:
• Having the Table of Offsets (height of water lines and sleeves semi) automatically obtain curves that pass through these points.
• Taking the forms (drawing of frames), get the Table of Offsets.
• Create three-dimensional models of the hull.
• facilitate working with AutoCAD curves, which are always a bit incomprehensible.
• allow editing of all types of files.
• get onscreen scientific calculator with which calculations without distracting our attention from the screen.
• facilitate the management of work files.
• obtaining help, online, and texts explaining each button or icon. They are accessed by pressing "F1", pressing the right mouse button or by simply passing the cursor over the object in question.
ARQN gives results through onscreen tables, which are always printable, or by curves drawn in AutoCAD, which you can modify and send to a plotter or printer. (See listings at the end). There is always the option to get listed in MS Word or MS Excel.
• Body Plan.
• Table of offsets.
• Listings with Bonjean values of each frame.
• Frames areas curves at different depths.
• Hydrostatics values and curves.
• Tanks sounding tables.
• Transversal curves of stability, Lists and KN Curves.
• Overview of each load condition, equilibrium flotation, compliance with stability criteria.
• Stability curves for each loading condition.
• Complete documentation for Stability Booklet.
• Power-speed prediction curves.
Although ARQN has its own standard formats for drawings, stamps, seal up, etc.. they are fully customizable, to get the look each user wants for its project.
Fully integrated in ARQN is the module named FORMAS, specifically designed for generating and drawing body plan :
• In conjunction with AutoCAD allows the creation of lines drawing the ship with a series of tools to get fairingness of hull forms. After that is generated, if desired, the final Table of Offsets for the vessel and even generates the frames .
• You can make an affine transformation of an existing ship and has a tool for change, in a controlled manner, the cob position of the ship (in preparation).
• It is, also, possible to create a three-dimensional mesh which serves as basis for the generation of NURBS surfaces forming the hull.
• The body plan so defined by the module will be used to generate 3D models of the hull, based on 3D faces, surfaces, and solids.
Data generated with FORMAS are adapted to be used by ARQN.
Formas, a great tool to draw body lines plan and fairing boat's shapes. Almost automatic creation of 3D models of the hull.
Creating 3D Tug model with Formas
Several of our apps have modulus which use AutoCAD as drawing tool.
In those cases we need to know your AutoCAD version as well as if 32 or 64 bits